Fill bell peppers with a mix of quinoa and black beans, and also you’ve bought a meal loaded with plant-based protein that shall be cherished by vegans and meat eaters alike. Loads of zesty Southwestern-inspired taste retains everybody coming again for extra. Prime with cheese if you want.
- 5 bell peppers, tops and seeds eliminated, tops reserved
- half of cup quinoa
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable inventory
- 1 half of cups corn (rinsed and drained if canned)
- 1 half of cups black beans (rinsed and drained if canned)
- 1 cup diced cherry tomatoes
- half of cup diced purple onion
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and thinly sliced
- half of cup salsa
- 1/four cup minced cilantro or parsley
- three/four teaspoon floor cumin
- 1 giant clove garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 350 levels.
- Stand peppers in a glass baking dish and bake for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare dinner quinoa in inventory for about eight to 10 minutes or till all liquid is absorbed and grains are puffy. Switch to a big bowl.
- Add corn, beans, tomatoes, onion, jalapeño, salsa, cilantro, and cumin to the bowl. Toss to mix.
- Warmth a nonstick frying pan over medium warmth for 1 minute. Add garlic and dry-fry for 1 minute or till aromatic. Pour contents of the bowl into the pan and stir-fry for three minutes. (Tomatoes and onions ought to soften, and combination must be sizzling.)
- Take away pan from range. Scoop quinoa combination into peppers, urgent quinoa down with the again of a spoon till peppers are full. Place tops on peppers and bake for 10 minutes.
For 1 serving out of 5
- Protein9 g
- Carbs42 g
- Fiber11 g
- Sugars11 g
- Sodium1039 mg
- Fatsthree g
- Saturated1 g